Looking for a healthy and tasty snack? Look no further! Dried strawberries are my new obsession. They are something you can sit in front of the t.v and snack on and not feel like you should go run five miles afterwards.
These should go into your recipe book under “super easy and delicious.”
All you need is whatever amount your heart desires of strawberries, a cookie sheet and if you’d like, salt and pepper. Easy enough so far?
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees F.
- Wash strawberries
- Remove stems
- Halve or quarter the strawberries, depending on their size
- Place the strawberries on the cookie sheet.
- Modesty season with salt and pepper (optional)
- OR sprinkle with sugar (optional)
- Dry in oven for three hours at 210 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Some may not choose to season with salt and pepper and go the sweeter route with sugar. Remember, strawberries are already sweet in themselves so make sure not to drown them in sugar.
These are a great treat for kids or also to put in a ziplock back for when you are on the go.