It is always on everyone’s mind, even you boys! What can I do to lose weight fast and keep it off?
I don’t want to just go on another crash/fad diet (until something new comes out, ha)! I want to slim down, get toned, and be healthy. I have a plan. Drum roll….
“Eat Healthy, Work Out”. What do you think? Sounds simple but it is much easier said than done. I work from 6:30am until 5:00-6:00pm. With the Los Angeles traffic, I usually get home around 7:00pm. Sure, I have the time when I get home, but i’m often so tired! But, these are the excuses that are keeping me from my goal weight! No more crap :)
I want to eat healthy and work out in order to lose 6-8 pounds. This sounds realistic so I am going to really go for it! No more jerking around! Perhaps I can use this blog to publicly shame myself into staying on track?
My Edibles Plan
- Cut out all simple carbs like table sugar, items containing high fructose corn syrup, baked goods, chips, etc.
- No more bread (yes, even whole wheat) unless it is sprouted wheat, made from rice flour, or quinoa.
- Cut processed foods down to a minimum (nothing canned, packaged, artificial sweeteners, butter substitutes, etc).
- No more soy! I know this sounds crazy but i’m over it. I heard that soy products (think soy milk, protein bars, etc…edamame should be OK as it is not processed yet) are incredibly difficult to break down and can hinder weight loss!
- Eat more good fats like avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, raw nuts, etc.
- More complex carbs! Think fruits, veggies, sprouted wheat, quinoa, brown rice, etc.
- No drinking alcohol, juices, diet sodas, etc. Basically just water.
- No more artificial sweeteners! I already mentioned this in the processed food no-no’s but I thought I would reiterate as I have a big problem with this. Mmm, Splenda!
- Work out 5 days a week!
- Cardio for 3-4 of the days.
- Weights of some sort 2 days a week.
- Stretch, stretch, stretch even on the 2 days I am not working out.
PS: I am in a friend’s wedding in April and the dress is a size too small. So….I might be needing a crash diet in mid-March. Let the Googling begin! I kid, I kid!….kind of….